The Best Cruelty-free and Vegan Face Masks in 2023 for all Skin Types
Last updated on October 12th, 2023
Hi, thanks for dropping by, if I help you choose a vegan and cruelty-free product that you love, I’ll be one happy blogger! So, if you’re here to find the perfect cruelty-free and vegan face mask for you, you’re in the right place!
I’ll be sharing some of my favourites, as well as face masks that are suitable for specific skin types, and face masks that offer certain results. And as always, I’ve got options to suit all budgets.
If you’re short on time and just want some quick answers I’ve done a little round-up for you. But if you want to dive in and really figure out the best vegan and cruelty-free face mask for you, keep reading because I will go into more detail below.
Round-up of the Best Vegan and Cruelty-free Face Masks:
- Lucy Bee Vegan Enzyme Face Mask – Vegan Face Mask For Sensitive Skin
- Sukin Super Greens Detoxifying Clay Masque – Vegan Face Mask For Dry Skin
- PraNaturals Dead Sea Mud Mask – Vegan Face Masks For Acne
- Green People Age Defy+ Hydra-Glow Sleep Mask – Vegan Face Masks For Anti-Aging
- UpCircle Hydrating Kaolin Clay Face Mask with Olive Powder – Vegan Face Masks For Blackheads
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque – Vegan Face Mask For Oily Skin
- Procoal’s Australian Pink Clay Face Mask – Vegan Face Mask For Pores
- 7Days Face Masks – Vegan Face Mask Sheet
- Edelweiss Bouncy Sleeping Mask – The Body Shop – Vegan Face Mask For Sleeping
Why Choose Vegan Face Masks?
Before we dive into our top picks, let’s explore why opting for a vegan face mask is an excellent choice. Vegan face masks are created without any animal-derived ingredients and are never tested on animals. By choosing vegan and cruelty-free skincare products, you’re not only prioritising your skin’s health but also contributing to a more compassionate and eco-friendly beauty industry. A kinder beauty industry is certainly something I want to see.
The Best Vegan and Cruelty-Free Face Masks for All Skin Types:
1. Edelweiss Bouncy Sleeping Mask – The Body Shop
Sleeping Mask | Hydration Mask | Antioxidant Mask
- Overnight mask suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Enriched with edelweiss known for its antioxidant properties.
- Leaves skin feeling smoother, softer and renewed.
- Made with 97% natural ingredients and 100% recycled packaging.
- Certified by The Vegan Society and dermatologically tested.
- Cruelty-free and vegan-friendly.
The Body Shop’s Edelweiss Bouncy Sleeping Mask offers ultimate hydration. It’s a soothing antioxidant mask that can be used overnight and it’s suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. I love that it’s made using 97% natural ingredients, certified by The Vegan Society and comes in 100% recycled packaging. If this sounds like the perfect vegan and cruelty-free mask for you, check it out below.
2. The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque
Smoothening Mask | Blemish-prone Skin Mask
- A clarifying face masque that targets dull, blemish-prone skin.
- Infused with charcoal and clays for extra smoothness and clarity.
- Targets the removal of dead skin cells on oily and blemish-prone skin.
- Cruelty-free and vegan-friendly.
The Ordinary’s Salicylic Acid 2% Masque is ideal for those dealing with dull or blemish-prone skin. It’s infused with charcoal and clays, so it can help remove dead skin and make your skin look and feel smooth and clear.
3. Botanics Clarifying Clay Mask
Clay Mask | Blemish-prone Skin Mask
- Made with natural ingredients and sustainably sourced such as turmeric and willow bark.
- Draws out impurities and reduces the size of pores.
- Doesn’t dry the skin.
- Made without parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oils, DEA and TEA.
- Cruelty-free and vegan-friendly.
Botanics’ Clarifying Clay Mask is budget-friendly and another great choice for those with blemish-prone skin. With organic antioxidant-rich turmeric and willow bark, this mask is made to target spots and help reduce future breakouts. This is a great vegan and cruelty-free mask if you’re looking for clearer, healthier skin.
4. Drunk Elephant F-Balm Electrolyte Waterfacial
Hydrating Mask | Sleeping Mask | Luxury Mask
- A cooling and quenching overnight mask.
- Restores skin’s acid mantle and improves texture.
- Created with barrier-replenishing ingredients.
- Free of essential oils, silicones, fragrances, and PEGs.
Drunk Elephant’s F-Bal Electrolyte Waterfacial is a wonderfully hydrating face mask. This luxury cooling mask may be on the high end of options on my list but for good reason. It not only restores hydration and moisture levels but also improves signs of damage, uneven tone, and texture. It’s a clean and vegan option packed with skin-loving ingredients.
5. Korean Skincare Organic Clay Mask
Superfood Mask | Clay Mask | Blemish-prone Skin Mask
- Combines 7 potent superfoods for nourishment and rejuvenation.
- It helps clear skin breakouts and detoxify the skin
- Inspired by Korean skincare practices.
- Crafted from organic natural plant ingredients.
This specially formulated mask combines seven potent superfoods, including avocado, spinach, blueberry, spirulina, tea tree, aloe vera, and calendula, for a nourishing and rejuvenating experience. Inspired by Korean skincare practices, this mask uses organic natural plant ingredients to leave your skin glowing.
6. UpCircle Hydrating Kaolin Clay Face Mask with Olive Powder
Brightening Mask | Clay Mask | Blackheads and Blemish-prone Skin Mask
- A natural detoxifying face mask that brightens the skin, reduces the appearance of pores and helps prevent breakouts.
- Made with rejuvenating white kaolin clay, aloe vera, coconut powder, and baobab oil.
- Super moisturising with aloe vera that alleviates dry, itchy skin.
- Made with finely ground powder of discarded olive stones, a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Natural, organic, cruelty-free, and 100% vegan.
UpCircle’s Hydrating Kaolin Clay Face Mask is suitable for all skin types. It’s a detoxifying mask that’s good at clearing spots, blackheads, and preventing breakouts. It minimises the appearance of pores and leaves your skin feeling softer, smoother, refreshed, and balanced.
The aloe vera makes it ideal for dry, itchy skin and the finely ground olive stone powder means it’s a powerful anti-inflammatory.
7. BeBarefaced Vegan Clay Mask
Clay Mask | Exfoliating Mask | All-in-one Mask
- Cleanses, exfoliates, and moisturises all in one.
- Made with Kaolin clay helps soothe, reduce blemishes, minimise pores and cleanse the skin of excess oil.
- Powered by natural sources of salicylic acid that exfoliate and remove dead skin.
- Ideal for all skin types.
- Free from petrochemicals, PEGs, parabens, GMOs, and more.
BeBarefaced’s VEGAN Clay Mask is your all-in-one solution. It cleanses, exfoliates, and moisturises in one simple step. With natural sources of salicylic acid, it exfoliates and removes dead skin, leaving your face fresh and glowing. Plus, it’s cruelty-free and free from harmful ingredients.
8. 7Days Face Masks Skincare Vegan Gift Set
Fun Mask | Sheet Mask | Biodegradable Mask
- Organic sheet masks for moisturising, nourishing, refreshing and more.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Biodegradable and certified vegan.
- Infused with hyaluronic acid, oils, fruit, and vegetable extracts.
Looking for a fun skincare experience? Try the 7Days Face Masks Skincare Vegan Gift Set. These organic sheet masks offer a variety of benefits, from moisturising to nourishing and refreshing. Plus, they’re biodegradable and certified vegan, making them a guilt-free indulgence.
9. Sukin Super Greens Detoxifying Clay Masque
Detoxifying Mask | Clay Mask | Dry Skin Mask
- Contains kale, goji berry, and Bentonite.
- Enriched with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Minimises fine lines and promotes even skin tone.
- Leaves the skin feeling fresh, replenished and glowing.
- Suitable for normal to dry skin.
Check out this Super Greens Detoxifying Clay Masque from Sukin. It’s packed with nutrient-rich ingredients like kale, goji berry, and Bentonite. This vegan face mask helps create an even skin tone and minimises the appearance of fine lines. It’s made to leave you with a replenished, youthful, and glowing complexion.
10. Green People Age Defy+ Hydra-Glow Sleep Mask
Age-Defying Mask | Sleeping Mask | Moisturizing Mask
- Deeply moisturising and rejuvenating overnight cream mask.
- Contains green algae, Caesalpinia Spinosa, and more.
- Suitable for mature and sensitive skin.
- 91% certified organic ingredients.
For age-defying skincare check out Green People’s Age Defy+ Hydra-Glow Sleep Mask. It’s a silky-textured cream mask that deeply moisturises and rejuvenates your skin overnight. With green algae and other potent ingredients, it’s perfect for mature and sensitive skin.
11. e.l.f. SKIN Holy Hydration!
Hydrating Mask | Plumping Mask | Sleeping Mask
- Moisturising and plumping overnight face mask.
- It’s infused with hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and peptides to plump the skin.
- Use day or night for soft, supple skin.
- 100% cruelty-free and vegan.
Get hydrated, plump skin without breaking the bank with e.l.f. SKIN Holy Hydration! This dual-use face mask is infused with skin-loving ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ceramides to promote collagen and improve texture. Plus, it’s 100% cruelty-free and vegan.
12. Ayumi Turmeric & Bergamot Face Mask
Skin Tone Balancing Mask | Conditioning Mask
- Created using kaolin clay, papaya, and organic argan oil.
- It revives the skin’s radiance, balances skin tone, and improves the skin’s natural texture.
- Leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and energised.
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free.
Ayumi’s Turmeric & Bergamot Face Mask was designed to balance your skin tone and revive your complexion. It’s got kaolin clay, papaya, and organic argan oil to leave your skin feeling super soft and fresh. It’s a vegan-friendly and cruelty-free option for radiant skin.
13. Beauty Kitchen – Seahorse Plankton +
Restoring Mask | Brightening Mask
- Restorative facial mask infused with seahorse plankton to give natural nutrients to the skin.
- It provides an instant rejuvenation feeling and reduces fine lines and dullness.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Natural, vegan, and cruelty-free.
Beauty Kitchen’s Seahorse Plankton + 5 Minute Miracle Mask is a restorative facial mask that revitalises and rejuvenates your skin, reducing fine lines and dullness in just 5 minutes. It’s suitable for all skin types and is created with natural, vegan, and cruelty-free ingredients.
14. PraNaturals Dead Sea Mud Mask
Exfoliating Mask | Acne-prone Skin Mask | Pore Cleansing Mask
- Rich in nourishing and healing dead sea minerals.
- Can be used on both face and body.
- Gentle exfoliation to stimulate blood circulation and improve skin health.
- Ideal for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
PraNaturals Dead Sea Mud Mask is a versatile option that can be used on both the face and body. Loaded with dead sea minerals, it hydrates the skin, pulls out toxins, and stimulates blood circulation. This mask is perfect for oily and acne-prone skin and is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
15. Procoal – Australian Pink Clay Face Mask
Pore Refining Mask | Brightening Mask | Clay Mask
- Contains Australian Kakadu Plum, green tea extract, lime extract, and probiotics.
- Refines pores and revives dull skin.
- Infused with Vitamin A and Probiotics Technology.
- Packed with Vitamin C to give glowing skin.
Get super radiant skin with the Procoals’s Australian Pink Clay Face Mask. This mask targets pores, brightens complexion, and offers a burst of natural nutrients with ingredients like Australian Kakadu Plum and green tea extract.
16. Dr Organic, Organic Guava Face Mask
Replenishing Mask | Brightening Mask | Hydrating Mask
- Replenishing face mask for illuminating and hydrating.
- Enriched with advanced Vitamin C
- Loaded with hydrating ingredients such as aloe vera, shea butter, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil and cocoa seed butter.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Natural, vegan, cruelty-free, and organic.
Dr Organic’s Guava Face Mask is a budget-friendly option that gives the skin an illuminating and hydrating feel. It’s enriched with advanced Vitamin C and is suitable for all skin types. Plus, it’s natural, vegan, cruelty-free, and organic.
17. Lucy Bee Vegan Enzyme Face Mask
Sensitive Skin Mask | Acne-Prone Skin Mask
- It gently exfoliates the skin with pineapple enzymes.
- Pink clay draws out impurities and revives dull skin.
- Infused with green tea, Vitamin E, squalane, and moringa seed extract.
- Ethically formulated and dermatologically approved.
Lucy Bee’s Vegan Enzyme Face Mask was created for sensitive and acne-prone skin. It exfoliates with pineapple enzymes, detoxifies with pink clay, and nourishes with green tea, Vitamin E, squalane, and moringa seed extract. It’s ethically made and dermatologically approved.
There’s nothing left to do but choose your perfect vegan and cruelty-free face mask!
Now that you’ve explored these fantastic vegan and cruelty-free face masks it’s time to find one that suits your skincare needs best. Whether you’re targeting hydration, detoxification, age-defying, or simply want to relax with a sheet mask, there’s an option for everything and everyone.
Remember to consider your skin type and any specific concerns you may have when making your choice. And don’t forget to pamper yourself regularly, you deserve it!
If you enjoyed learning about the best cruelty-free and vegan face masks why not head over to my Vegan and Cruelty-free Beauty page where you will find loads more amazing ideas.
Meet the Author
Meet Sinead O’Carroll: Vegan explorer, sustainability advocate and the founder of The Wondering Wandering Vegan. Embracing veganism since 2018 and vegetarianism since 2005, Sinead is armed with a Vegan Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle qualification, and is on a mission to share her passion for cruelty-free living.
With a taste for adventure and a heart for eco-conscious choices, she’s here to prove that vegans never miss out on flavour, fun or style. Join her in enjoying the delights of a vegan-friendly world! 🌱✈️🌍
Want to know more? Check out Sinead’s About page here.
Follow me on Instagram to see all the delicious vegan food I find, the vegan and cruelty-free products I use and what I get up to as a travelling vegan.